- What personally identifiable information Validus may collect from you through the use of this website
- How Validus may use your personally identifiable information
- Limits on how Validus would share and disclose your personally identifiable information to others
- Validus’s policy regarding links to third-party websites
- Security of this website
- How you can correct and update personally identifiable information that you have shared with Validus
Please note that the our websites are intended for users who are residents of the United States of America. It is not our intent to gather personally identifiable information from individuals residing outside of the Unites States of America.
Information Collection and Use
You can generally visit Validus’s websites without revealing any personally identifiable information. However, to access certain options and services, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information. Accordingly, if you choose not to share such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us, and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it:
* Employment. Information obtained from you on registration forms to process your requests to create an account to access job postings and to post your résumé, such as contact information (name, e-mail address, mailing address), password, username or code, employment history, and any other personally identifiable information contained in your résumé that you post to the website. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, for employee recruitment purposes, and to respond to your requests for information.
* Newsletters. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name and e-mail address). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
* Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, e-mail address), password, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, and medical conditions. This registration information may also be gathered from you and transferred into our websites if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
* E-mail Content to a Friend. Information obtained from you regarding friend or family names and e-mail addresses, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our website content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the website. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
Validus is the owner of all information collected on our websites, unless prohibited by law.
Minors – You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, then your parent or legal guardian must register to obtain the information or to participate in the survey.
Cookies and GIF Files
Some of Validus’s websites may use cookie technology to identify users who have previously visited so that the user can be recognized upon return, thereby saving them time while on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our website. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our website. A cookie may be placed by us, or by vendors or service agencies who work with us or with our partners.
Log Files and Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to our websites, the number of visitors to each page of a website, and the IP addresses and domain names of our users’ Internet Service Providers. We may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such the information gleaned from the analysis will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain or be linked to any personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the website, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating our websites and to enable them to better understand our business.
Sharing and Disclosure
Links to Third-Party Sites
Validus and its third-party providers may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Validus may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Correcting/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
Validus provides you with the ability to review and correct any of the personally identifiable information that you have chosen to share with us. You may update your contact information directly by accessing your account or registration, or you may contact Validus by emailing [email protected]. You may also “opt out” of receiving e-mails and other communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” feature included in the e-mails we send.
Contact Information for Privacy Questions
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from Validus regarding the manner in which Validus shares certain categories of your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Validus at its designated address and receive the following information: (1) the categories of information that Validus disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year and (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from their name, then examples of the products or services marketed. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format, and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such request as noted above.