- What personally identifiable information we may collect from you through our Web site
- How we may use your personally identifiable information
- Limits on how we would share and disclose your personally identifiable information
- Our policy regarding links to third-party Web sites
- Security of our Web site
- How you can correct and update your personally identifiable information
Please note that the Validus Web sites are intended for users who are residents of the United States of America. It is not our intent to gather personally identifiable information from individuals residing outside the U.S.
Information Collection and Use
You can generally visit our Web site without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain options and services we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information and without providing such personally identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options and services. We collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we use it:
* Employment. Information obtained from you on registration forms to process your requests to create an account to access job postings and to post your résumé, such as contact information (name, e-mail address, mailing address), password, username or code, employment history, and any other personally identifiable information contained in your résumé that you post to the Web site. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, for employee recruitment purposes, and to respond to your requests for information.
* Newsletters. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name and e-mail address). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
* Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, e-mail address), password, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity and medical condition. This registration information may also be gathered if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
* E-mail Content to a Friend. Information obtained from you regarding friend or family name and e-mail address, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our website content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the website. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
Validus is the owner of all information collected on this website.
Minors – You must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you are under the age of 18 and wish to register to obtain further information or be included in a survey, then your parent or legal guardian must register to obtain the information or to participate in the survey.
Cookies and GIF Files
Some of our Web sites may use cookie technology to identify users who have previously visited so that the user can be recognized upon return, thereby saving them time while on our Web site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our Web site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. If a user rejects the cookie, they may still use our Web site. A cookie may be placed by us, or by vendors or service agencies who work with us or with our partners.
Log Files and Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to our Web site, the number of visitors to each page of the site, the IP addresses, and the domain names of our users’ Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable data. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Web site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the Web site and to enable them to better understand our business.
Sharing and Disclosure
Links to Third-Party Sites
Validus and its third-party providers may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Validus may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Correcting/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
Validus provides you with the ability to review and correct any of the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. If you wish to correct any information provided to us, you may update your contact information directly by accessing your account or registration or you may contact Validus by email@example.com. You may also “opt out” of receiving e-mails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send.
Contact Information for Privacy Questions